- 2 organic peppers
- 3 eggs [organic, pasture-raised]
- 1/4 cup of organic tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of onion
- 1/4 cup of broccoli
- 1/4 of your choice of raw shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp of ghee
- 1/8 cup of organic milk (or nut milk)
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional for heat)
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Cut and core the peppers to prepare them for the filling. Preheat the over to 375degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the egg, milk and cheese.
- Over medium-low heat ghee butter in a large saucepan. Add vegetables. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. If you are using meat, ensure that you cook it first.
- Mix vegetables into the egg mixture and add a pinch of pepper and sea salt.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until the filling is cooked (you should be able to cleanly pull out a tooth pick from the middle of a pepper cup).
Helpful Hint: Do your best to use peppers that are as symmetrical as possible so when cut in half they can sit fairly flat on a baking dish.